Saturday 17 March 2007

lights, camera, inaction

I did a street stall in Streatham Vale this morning, and the predominant issue people raised with me was what I expected – the new traffic lights. There are now three sets of lights within 100 yards, and they have been turned on without being phased properly by Transport for London. My Labour colleagues and I, and the Streatham Vale Property Occupiers’ Association, have been nagging the Transport folk at Lambeth to pile the pressure onto TfL to get things sorted. However, the lights are still unphased and a number of people have been issued with tickets because they got stuck in the yellow box when the lights suddenly changed. While I was doing the stall, the traffic stretched from one end of the Vale to the other, all noise and fumes. The weather forecasts suggest the weather on Monday will be arctic, but I am having a site meeting at 9am with officers and residents to make sure everyone understands the problem thoroughly and find some solutions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.